Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mea culpa...

Hey everybody!

Sorry I've been M.I.A. this past week. I did the DUMBEST thing. I stuck my finger in an immersion blender and turned it on.

No, I hadn't been drinking. No, it wasn't a cry for help. Yes, I do realize how dumb that was.

Amazingly enough I still have my entire finger and I don't need surgery. I just have to wear a splint like this for six looooong weeks:
This is a picture I found online...trust me, you don't want to see my actual splint. First of all, I didn't have time to get a manicure before I tried to cut off my digit. Second, my splint is wrapped in tape that seems to attract every piece of dust and crud in my house. Gross. Honestly? I feel like I'm walking around wearing one of these:

No, a foam finger would be cooler.

Sigh...anywho, as you can imagine, it is very hard to type without my finger. So I took a little blog break. But I missed you all so. I'm going to get back in the saddle and post some stuff this week. I promise!

2 comments:

  1. oh.my.gosh. that finger splint image is hilarious! it's makes it look like such a luxurious item to have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what i like about the splint? that it's nearly invisible so, if you played it right, you could simply look as though you're really just emphatic all the time whilst having an intense conversation.

    ReplyDelete