Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cool Gift: Bolinas Flatware @ Jayson Home

I love cheese. In fact, I'm going to make today's post a two-for-one gift idea.

First up, the Bolinas cheese serving utensils at Jayson Home:

Dark wood handles with mother of pearl inlay.. $26 each for the cheese knife, spreader and plane. (if you're only going to buy two, I recommend the knife and spreader)

Now the second part of this gift idea. My ALL TIME FAVORITE RESTAURANT in Manhattan is Artisanal. If you're a cheese lover like I am, this is a must-stop on any trip to the big city. Along with a fabulous sommelier, Artisanal features a fromagier...a cheese expert who curates the restaurant's cheese cellar (not an actual cellar....like several giant wine refrigerators in their own special room) where they keep hundreds of artisanal cheeses.

AND THEY DELIVER!

Their small tin features one of my favorite cheeses of all time - Purple Haze from Vermont - along with two other lovely selections, crackers and fig jam.

$55 at ArtisanalBistro.com.

This makes a great gift for your holiday hosts...and maybe they'll even share! Mmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment