Saturday, October 1, 2011

Cool Buy: Vintage Shell Sculpture Wall Art @ Etsy

This is why I love Etsy. Where else would you find something like this?





I'm amazed by the detail on this totally folky-meets-kitschy wall hanging, and the bright orange backdrop is so...so...fun! I love the idea of this piece hanging in a grouping of mismatched art surrounded by charcoal sketches and black and white photos.

I also speak from experience when I say that this seller (mylittlethriftstore.etsy.com) is great! I bought a trio of Smurfs from him (don't ask...only on Etsy!) and when he learned they were a gift, he offered to wrap them and write a note.

So show him a little love and check out his wares. You won't be disappointed!

(Oh, and buy the birds! They're great!)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the feature. These shell birds are really pretty in that odd 70s way. I saw them use a very similar type of 3d wall hanging on the show Color Splash the other day... I thought to myself, I can pick cool colors like this, but never know how to incorporate them. I think I need you to come to my house... Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete