Monday, October 3, 2011

Cool Buy: Tree Swing @ Hickoree's Hard Goods

I started reading Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart the other day. About a third of the way through I had to stop reading.

Now I'm not one to leave a book unfinished, but this book just depressed the bejeezus out of me. It's a near-future look at an America that is owned by the Chinese, where everyone's business (from salary to STDs to daddy issues) is aired out for all to see, and where people don't read books, can't write in full sentences, and wear see-through "Onionskin jeans" because nothing (and I mean NOTHING) is sacred.

Perhaps it was to cleanse my palate from such a hard-to-digest image that is frighteningly both over the top AND oddly realistic, I found this:


The Original Tree String at Hickoree's Hard Goods, $45. So simple. So uncomplicated. So unlike see-through jeans.

Aaaaah. Now that's more like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment