Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cool Buy: Normann Copenhagen Wall Curio @ Huset-Shop

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you turn. And thank goodness for that. The holidays are the only acceptable reason for this type of chill in the air. I, for one, love Christmas. I love decorating the tree and buying and wrapping gifts. 

I have a lot of fun childhood memories of Christmas as a child. With five children in the house my mom often got creative with things. The year we all decided we wanted stockings (not part of the Christmas tradition where my parents are from), my mom helped us make our own out of paper grocery bags. Another year she used string lights and a staple gun to form the outline of a Christmas tree on the wall. (no pesky pine needles to pick up!) 

And although I know this is not intended for use as a decorative holiday accessory, for some reason it made me think of my mom and how she could probably think of something awesome to do with this guy:


Don't get me wrong. I think this would look adorable in a kid's room stocked with books and stuffed squirrel toys. (right? It's so woodsy, it's just crying out for a stuffed squirrel...and maybe some mushrooms) But I can't help but imagine it filled with beautifully wrapped gifts and bowls filled with sparkling ornaments and tinsel.

What can I say? The cool air is making me think of Christmas. And I like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment