Monday, September 12, 2011

Cool Buy: Vintage Birdcage Chandelier @ Restoration Hardware

Have you perused the 600-something-page 2011 Fall Source Book from Restoration Hardware? I did today, thanks to my dear pal The Retail Bitch who graciously passed on her copy. (why I didn't get a copy, I don't know, but RH will be hearing from me....)

There are many lovely things in the catalog - many beautiful pieces I wouldn't mind owning. But after flipping through page after page of lovely neutrals, I couldn't help but think, "would a little color kill you?" I mean SERIOUSLY. A houseplant? A painting with a color other than burnt sienna featured prominently? (btw, I know about burnt sienna because of Bob Ross...how I miss his happy little trees.)

I guess neutral is the new black. Or something.

One beautiful "want" from the book - this vintage birdcage chandelier:


So pretty and interesting. The extra small one is $2,195. The extra large is $2,995. Ouch.

But look! According to this photo spread in the latest USWeekly, actress Lauren Sanchez (who I totally had to look up on IMDB) has one in her a-friggin-mazing closet:


Clearly that 2010 cameo on NCIS really paid off! You go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment