Friday, September 23, 2011

Before & After: Master Bedroom

I was hesitant to post these photos because the "after" isn't quite "after enough" just yet. I still have a long way to go in my master bedroom but I thought I'd show where we're at.

First, the before picture:

Not much to look at, right? Right.

You saw the photos of my Nate Berkus headboard and Indian bedding:


But the colors in the bedding (as much as I loved it) weren't doing much for me alongside the charcoal gray of the headboard. Plus, it's almost winter. And winters here in Nebraska can be awfully long and cold and long and snow-filled and long and dreary and long. So I was on the hunt for some cheerier yet still "ethnic-looking" bedding to replace the blue. (don't worry...the blue is going in our guest room where I suspect it'll look fabulous)

Here's what I found, on sale (!!!) at Macys.com:

Oh happy day! I really like it. It makes me happy and instantly makes the room a whole lot cheerier. (the light gray walls and gray headboard and blue sheets were sort of bringing me down) Next up, I need a rug and a new dresser and a new mirror and new sidetables and potentially some new art. But that's it.

This may take awhile as I'm trying to work on a tight budget.Stay tuned, dear readers for more soon!

2 comments:

  1. Love it all! I'm ready for a bedroom makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both but amazing what a difference a little color makes.

    ReplyDelete