Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Reconsidering The Ranch" @ ApartmentTherapy

Loved this post on Apartment Therapy about reconsidering the ranch house. (thanks to Vanessa Y. for sharing!) I, for one, didn't want a ranch when we moved to Omaha. Having grown up in Florida - ranch house central - I wanted something totally adorable with stairs and a warren of rooms and possibly some shutters. I was not looking for a sprawling rectangle which is what I ended up buying:

The landscaping has grown out since this photo was taken and we painted the front door a punchy ocean blue color. I love my house. We have put a lot of work into this place and I love every square inch of it. (except my kitchen which suffers from a hormone-induced bad paint job and is our next project)

Point is, ranch houses are fantastic for my reasons and Apartment Therapy has provided said reasons in this brilliant post. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment