Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cool Buy: Octopus Garden Wallpaper @ Anthropologie

So here's the thing. I have a love/hate relationship with wallpaper. The hate part stems from the fact that we had to remove A LOT of the stuff when we bought our house. Our kitchen used to look like this:


Let's see a close-up of that wallpaper, shall we?

Festive.

We spent WEEKS peeling wallpaper and scraping glue and cleaning surfaces in our kitchen, bathroom, mudroom, etc. I cursed the masochistic jerk who invented wallpaper. I swore I would never use it anywhere in any home, because I wouldn't want anyone to suffer the agony of wallpaper removal as I did.

But here's where the love part comes in. It can be SO pretty when used sparingly and dramatically. That's why I had to post this Octopus Garden Wallpaper from Anthropologie which I think would look AMAZING in a powder room:


For more powder room wallpaper decorating ideas, check out this post from The Decorologist. I'll even help you put it up. But whatever you do, don't ask me to help you take it down.

1 comment:

  1. does it terrify you that i love toile? like, i would probably hang that bitchn wall paper up that you hated so much? ha!
    check it:
    http://www.thefutureperfect.com/results.php?s=toile
    kick ass.

    ReplyDelete