Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cool Buy: The Womb Chair

I have a love/hate relationship with midcentury modern design. I love it in other people's homes and I love pieces of it in my home. But I kind of feel like I'm not cool, minimalistic or organized enough to really rock the style full throttle. And so I dabble.

At the moment I'm looking for a lounge chair for my basement. My husband wants an Eames lounger but even the reproductions are pricey. Take this one for example:


$4499 at AllModern.com. Yikes. I know you can find cheaper options but nothing under $1500. And so I continue to hunt for a comfortable lounger with clean lines. That's when I happened upon this Womb Chair on Overstock.com:


$649! Plus Overstock ships anything for $2.95. I'm not sure I'm going to purchase this one even though I am drawn to the tomato red combo. But I had to share. Because I care.

You're welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment