Friday, May 27, 2011

Cool Buy: Driftwood Bowls @ Seaside Inspired

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we're in the process of finishing our basement. Given the low ceilings and the tendency of basements to be dark spaces devoid of natural light, we decided to go for a light and airy feel reminiscent of a beach house. I was online and hunting for accessories when I came across this great site, Seaside Inspired, and their awesome driftwood bowls:


$163 for two. Sure they are totally impractical - I mean, I guess you could hang your keys off the end of a branch? You can use it to hold your tennis balls or pine cone collection as seen in the photo above? But who cares about practicality when they're so darn pretty!

To be clear I'm not trying to create a beach-themed space in my home, but by incorporating elements of, well, beachiness (highly technical design terminology) and using a beach-inspired color palette, I hope to create a little piece of paradise in my land-locked home.

1 comment:

  1. might as well add one of these: http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/rope-knot-doorstop-twine-ball

    ReplyDelete